Uoma Beauty founder and founder of Pull Up For Change, Sharon Chuter, has started a new campaign called Make It Black Campaign to advocate for the redefinition of Black. Make it Black is an initiative developed by Pull Up For Change to create meaningful conversations around the definition and society’s sentiment to Black.
The Make It Black Campaign is partnering with nine beauty brands to make select product packaging black. Throughout the month of February, 2021 these products will be available on the brand's website as well as Ulta's website.
All of the net proceeds from this campaign will go to support Black founders through Pull Up For Change's Small Business Impact Fund.
Here's a list and links to the products:
- Uoma Beauty Afro.Dis.Iac Liquid Eyeliner
- Briogeo Superfoods Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Hair Mask
- Colourpop Cosmetics Make It Fearless Palette
- Colourpop Make It Unstoppable Duo
- Colourpop Lippie in Pitch, Like Magic, Galore and I Heart This Lippie
- Colourpop Liner in Boots Liner and Rosette Liner
- Dragun Beauty DragunGlass Liquid Lipstick
- Flower Beauty Blush Bomb Color Drops
- Maybelline New York SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick in Thrillseeker
- Pür Cosmetics Fully Charged Mascara
- Nyx Cosmetics Warm Neutrals Ultimate Shadow Palette
- Morphe Continuous Setting Mist
“Prejudice is not just superimposed, it is metabolized deep into the fabric of society and we must stand up and eradicate all traces wherever we see it. I am so pleased to be driving this meaningful conversation but most of all to be able to support Black founders through the Pull Up For Change Impact Fund. Black founders are over mentored and under-invested. Less than 1% of available capital went to Black founders in 2020. We must change this." - Sharon Chuster