If you would've told me getting a flawless airbrushed makeup look was as simple as which makeup brush I used, I would've argued with you until the cows came home but after trying the blendSMART rotating makeup brush with several different foundations I will say I've learned a few things!
- I learned that your probably using too much foundation in the first place. Getting a flawless foundation look does not take a lot of liquid foundation.
- It's mush simpler to switch brushheads for applying concealer, contour, and even powder than it is using a completely different brush. I'm so tired of sitting down to do my makeup only to realize midway through that I have to get up to go find that powder blending brush I was using a few days ago.
- It's easier to travel when you've got less more compact brushes to pack. Literally the one and done packing strategy can be achieved with blendSMART!
- I don't need to cause myself carpal tunnel doing my makeup because the brush rotates itself - THANK YOU!
- I can probably save myself some money since I have less makeup waste using blendSMART.
So what is a rotating brush and how does this technology work?
The blendSMART is a motorized brush that spins 190 RPM (rounds per minute). It has 1 speed that allows to steadily and consistently apply and blend your makeup. The brushheads easily click into place (Version 1 is a snap engagement and Version 2 uses a magnet) to secure the brushhead in place. I'll followup on the different between Version 1 and Version 2 in a later post.
To use the blendSMART, simple dot your liquid foundation on the main areas yo'd like coverage. The turn on the blendSMART and start blend and smoothing out your foundation until you reach the level of coverage your happy with. Once you're done, turn off the blendSMART. If you want to blend your concealer, contour and even blush, simply change your brush head to the appropriate brush, dot the makeup product on the areas you'd like to apply it and begin blending with the brush.
To clean your blendSMART you only need to remove the brushhead, apply your makeup brush cleanser and clean as you normally would. You never need to get the handle wet as it could damage the motor inside. The blendSMART brushheads are made of synthetic antimicrobial material that doesn't wear off over time. So although you should clean your brushes regularly, you don't have to worry about bacteria building up on the brushes.
Each blendSMART brush comes with a lithium battery (CR123A) and lasts around 8 months (depending on use). Replacing the lithium battery is easy and affordable. I would suggest having a backup batter like the one here.